Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Say my Name...Say My Name...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009
FELIX

Yup, That's my name!
Today, i was positioned in the cash register.
There's a customer randomly ask me a question while Im taking his order.
"Do you know what does 'Felix' means?"
I was surprised..and answered suspiciously: "Ya, Joyful and happy"
And he goes: "Yup, so you know what your name meant!"

I regretted I didnt ask him why he questioned.
Is he a person who study names?
Or he just curious about people knowing the meaning of their names?

Anyway,
Yes, I love my name a lot, that's why I google-ed and wiki-ed before the meaning of my name. Of course my mum also told me the reason why she named me FELIX.

So according to Wikipedia (2009), in Latin it means "happy", "lucky", "fortunate". It's origin is from Latin and its commonly used among the Spainish and French.

I love my name because it is unique.
As it is a Spanish or French name, its not very popular among the english speaking countries, Maybe more in the Europeon countries.
Because its seldom to see those Name keychains, mugs or souvenirs has my name on it.
So...its unique! Haha... When I was in U.S for 3 months, I only met a Pueto Rican have the same name with me.
Heehee....see...Special! (Self proclaimed...WAHAHA!)
I think my personality was affected as well maybe? Or i was born to be happy =)
I can say myself as optimistic and easily contented.
Of course sometimes there are still a lot of complaints to particular reasons. =P
But I admit that I forget sad and angry things easily and smiles a lot! =D
I was angry that my mum didnt register 'Felix' into my birth cert. But her reason is she scared I do not like my name...(Okay, accepted!)
Also thanks to Felix the Cat, that's why, my name can be easily remembered.

There's a customer and he is only in primary school I think.
When he saw my name, he chuckled and whispered to his friend (which I also can hear...=.=)
"Hey, look at his name! Felix the cat!"
And there is a customer has the same name with me! So happy!
I like customers call out my name to thank me or ask me questions. Its kind of like give me a sense of sincerity from them also like the acknowledgements from them.
I dun mind to be relate with Felix the cat or other funny stuff. This means the people will remember my name and recognize me easily! I love cats though!

So remember me! I am Felix!
Meeeeeooooooowwwwww~

1 comments:

貞霖

So I leave my comment here!

FELIX!

 
Secrets beyond towers... ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates