Thursday, April 1, 2010

Presenting...S.H.E

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally, I got the album from Popular that I pre-ordered...
After all these countless days i have been waiting...
Its now in my hands...
WAHAHAHAHAHA! *usual roaring laughters*

Its too late! I already downloaded the whole album since the launching day and dunnoe shuffled how many times in my ipod during work! Really wonder why M'sia is always so slow~~~
Dunnoe whether its the recording company's fault or Popular's fault!?!
Anyway got it already. Very happy, so shall make a review on it!

This time, they launch two versions which im not satisfied with it! Just like their 6th & 11th Album. The nicer version always give unneccessary freebies but the "not very nice" one give better freebies! DUH! =.=
So...I chose the "not very nice" version which i had said earlier
Next, the design of the album is NOT user friendly.
The size is too BIG!! How should I keep it? It’s very bulky and the pictures are so ZOOM in.
For what? Why don’t they just make it into normal CD album size?
Besides that, the album is a big booklet with a small insert to put the CD.
It is not attached with the booklet. Then, what if the CD insert drop out?
Furthermore, I am like holding a MAGAZINE to read the lyrics =.=
Seriously, not satisfied with the design. Previous album also!
Besar sampai nak mampus!

These are the 2 things that I don’t like about the album.

For the songs, obviously, the theme and style are a bit different from previous albums. This time, they call themselves Shero. It’s a word that describes female heroes. In other words, heroine. Haha! Anyway, the message to bring out is telling the females must be strong and independent. Females don’t need males to survive in this world. Doesn’t mean that only males can become heroes, but females can be sheroes as well. Although Heroes broke records and left lots of glamour HIS-tory but Sheroes also can have their own HER-story. Besides that, also telling the males to appreciate the females but not take for granted in a relationship.

In this album, S.H.E has a more compact voice and their harmonizing skills are even better. Most of the songs were arranged with lots of challenging harmonizing chords and they delivered it very well. It’s a very good sign to see their improvement and effort.

Song List:

SHERO:
Another rock hit from S.H.E since ‘Superstar’ in their 5th album. It’s a song to tell the females that you can be a brave and strong Shero! A very lively and catchy song written by 阿信from Mayday. I love the lyrics that say:
“看不到找不到等不到你的Hero,为何不做自己,只手撑天的Shero”
“You can’t see, search or wait for your Hero, why don’t you just be a tough and strong Shero?”
Very inspiring, and this will be my next 1st hit song in my Karaoke song list for warming up my vocals! Wohoo~

If You Were a Girl 如果你是女孩:
This is a techno pop song in the album. Honestly, this song is a bit Thai-ish. Seriously, the style is a bit…weird, which I really don’t like it.

I Love Rainy Night Flower 我爱雨夜花:
The English name is a direct translation, so it’s very funny. But trust me; the Chinese name is very beautiful. There is this popular Hokkien folk song named Rainy Night Flower (雨夜花) and this is the other version of it. Not a cover version of the song, but using some of the elements of the folk song and transpose into this Hokkien hip hop. This is the 1st time S.H.E using Hokkien to sing the whole song and because it’s a hip hop, there are lots of tongue-twisting rapping parts which is damn challenging! Till now I only can get the chorus. This is the 3rd song that I loved. It’s a really nice and special song that depicts the love story in the era of our grandpas & grandmas.

Deserted Island 两个人的荒岛:
Duet with one of their juniors, 周定纬 whom I don’t really like. Because I think he only can dance. Singing? He should train more…
Just a normal ballad. But the harmonizing parts are nice and easy to pick up. Suitable for karaoke duet lovers.

Without You 少了一个人:
A good ballad piece written by Peter Lee, 李偲松 (Famous Singapore composer) & 郑楠 (A young talented composer).

Bring Me Along 收留我:
A very catchy moderato song that is very suitable for best friends or so called BFF. It’s a song that portrays the importance of friendship. As friends doesn’t make you cry or frustrated like lovers do, so please bring me along when I am feeling down or need a shoulder.

It’s Possible 超可能:
Another weird song that I don’t keen of. They kind of make the style of this song a bit like Nobody from Wonder Girls. Little bit of old school pop, little bit of jazz. But sorry, the music arrangement is TOO UNACCEPTABLE.

Loving You 爱上你:
One of the songs from the current hit series “Down with Love”, starring Ella & Jerry Yan. A very sweet, very lovely song from them. The style that S.H.E always presented very well.

You Won’t 你不会:
A successful ballad hit written by Darryl Yao 姚若龙 (Famous Taiwanese lyricist) and 郑楠. At first I didn’t really concentrate on this song until Shane Tan told me it’s nice. After reading the lyrics, with the music accompaniment, it is so touching. There were lots of harmonizing chords and pitching notes. This will be the 2nd song that I like in the album. This heartbreaking love song is just about a normal break off relationship. But I like the lyricist used metaphor to describe all the little bits in an unstable relationship. It’s…really…sad.

Just Love It 爱就对了:
The 4th song that I like in this album. It’s a soft rock pop that explains the meaning of love. “爱就对了,错的是我们还们学会爱,就急着爱人,而爱错人”
We can’t blame ‘Love’ when our relationship failed because it’s our fault that we did not learn the meaning of ‘Love’. Therefore, look forward and be positive that you had learnt a lesson and there will be a better tomorrow. Good music arrangement and it’s a really good song for expressing. Haha!
OMG! My review is damn long! Oops, sorry~

2 comments:

Shane

WOW!!! I like this post! Good review is always detail and lengthy! hahaha... I have the same thought too.. dont like some of the 'sampat' songs in that album...

Felix

HAHAHA! Thanks~
Yaya! I think most of the ppl share the same comments gua~

 
Secrets beyond towers... ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates