Wednesday, June 2, 2010

As a Wedding Planner...

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My office

On 19/5/2010, I got my name tag.
I was so delighted! Because this name tag looks damn pro okay...haha!
At least I think it is.
Anyway, I was waiting for this name tag for quite a long time and now I've got it!
So I would like to blog about my working life as a wedding planner.


Back then, when we watch movies that are related to weddings, the wedding planner will be an essential role in the movie for sure! I really thought that this job is actually quite interesting, very happy kind of thing. Of course, I also enjoyed to be a guest for weddings of my friends or relatives. Because it makes me feel happy when people is happy. Rejoice the happiness with the wedding couple, its such a happy thing! =)


So, this had been my small little dream to be a wedding planner.
Therefore, I am lucky to get this job.
Its part of event management and its what I want in the first place.
As a wedding planner, it might look glamour and interesting on the surface .
But behind it, its a really tiring job! (Think twice, which job is not tiring anyway?)
Ok, it is indeed interesting I can say. Depends on who you work with.
If the guest is very cooperative, easy going, then you are very lucky.
Or else, you will end yourself in big trouble if you screw up just small little things.


In service line, we have to accept the fact that, Customers are ALWAYS right!
*angelic smile*

So, throughout the half year I had been working here, I learned a lot.
Wedding is a very important event to a family & the wedding couple.
It is as important as life & death. Because you only get married once in your lifetime.
Right? (Of course there might be other circumstances but who wants that?)

That's why, in the first place, I am already in the stress situation because I am the one who has to hold this responsibility as a wedding planner to plan and coordinate the wedding for the family.

Hmm....interesting right??!!

You have to be prepared in all times to receive the "bombs" launched out by your guests.
They will add up a lot of requests last minute, make changes this and that.
That is why sometimes I wonder I will die of heart attack as my heart is getting weaker and weaker... =.=

You have to be prepared with swords and armours because sometimes your guests are smiling but hiding a pen knife with them.
You thought he or she is like a tame little kitty, but ended up, they might turn into a wild tiger and gobble you up!

Still, there are a series of unfortunate events you will need to face with internal staff and last minute changes. So as a wedding planner, or to say an event coordinator, be prepared is the main requirement.

Lets look at the bright side, this world is not only filled with bad people.
Of course, I met a plenty of guests that are very lovable!
There are 5 weddings I handled during May and there are 2 couples are the people I like the most, throughout all the weddings I handled and assisted.

1st couple is very very sporting, modern and out-going. As their wedding was handed over by my previous colleague, that's why I have to get to know them and go through with them from A-Z on the details of the wedding. They are very helpful and understand my position as a newcomer. They even helped me to solved some of the problems. The bride is as talkative as me, thats why I enjoyed having discussions with them, because there will be no awkward moments. During the actual day, I really had a great time coordinate their wedding dinner and guess what? They are the 1st chinese couple that I have met using Black colour as the theme colour of the wedding. Modern right? Kick off all the traditions and be different! I like ~ Even all the banquet staff get a shock and keep confirming with me, is it true that this is a CHINESE wedding dinner?

2nd couple that I like as well is also very kind and helpful. But most of the time I only liaise with the bride. She is a very humble and low profile person even though both of them are rich people. They are not fussy, they put themselves in my shoes and never gave me any troubles. They are the couple that never telephone me all times and annoyed me at all. Thats why I was so afraid if any last minute changes and ended up I kept calling them. Haha! They are very easy going people and I am very grateful to have both of them as my guest.
Other than that, there are also a few guests are very friendly.

In this industry, you will feel the world is smaller. There is one bride is actually my sister's senior schoolmate and I saw my friend in her wedding because the groom is my friend's brother's friend. There's one couple is actually a relative of my mum's friend whom i also know. And there is another couple is acually my friend's friend and I found their dinner photos on Facebook. So...it is a small small world.

Ok, I had narrate too much on all of these, let the pictures speak for me~

Ranggoli drawings on Indian Weddings, Beautiful?

This is the wedding cake I like most!

This is a Malay brothers' wedding, 2 couples on the same day. Special!

Malay weddings that held in our venue are mostly rich ppl, so its kinda grand!


This is the Chinese wedding couple that I mentioned, using black as the theme


Black & Purple!! =)

Blue is my favourite theme for all weddings

Sometimes we have to D.I.Y the decorations ourselves for them


Or we have to find the resources ourselves for the couple
(This is the storage place of our convention centre, a huge place full of things!)

For the 2nd half year, only 2 - 3 more Chinese couples, as it is not a good year for chinese weddings this year. Then a plenty of Malay and Indian weddings in hand. One royal wedding which will be inviting our Sultan of Johor. Quite looking forward to it but also worried.
In a conclusion, I can rate an "OK" for my work...
It is a really good learning experience for me and I will be grateful & appreciate it a lot.
Especially the wonderful people that I met and I am going to meet in the future.
Wish me all the best! =)

1 comments:

Show

It's sooo cooool!! Really!!
Can you be my wedding planner? haha

 
Secrets beyond towers... ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates