Monday, October 18, 2010

Tooth Diaries

Monday, October 18, 2010
Few years back, I felt pain in one of my lower left molar.
One day, when I bit something hard, a part of my molar broke into pieces...

Its not only a small hole, but quite a big one.
I was too afraid to go to the dentist, so I just leave it there..
But few months later, the discomfort is getting worse and I really cant stand the pain
I have difficulties on having meals and it's really giving me troubles.
Apart from that, the hole is getting bigger and bigger...
Therefore I decided to seek help from the dentist.
I thought the tooth must be extract for sure.
Im super scared of tooth extraction,
I experienced before when I was 11 years old, to extract 2 extra tooth.
I screamed and cried at the dentist's..
Its not because of the pain, it's because I freaked out!
=.=

So, the dentist told me the tooth can still be saved.
Not necessarily need to do extraction.
Because after extraction, I need to make a replacement or not
I will look like this:

So to avoid that! I chose to do Root Canal Treatment.

What is that?
Below will be the explanation:

This is a tooth =)


So after it decayed and broke into pieces, the nerves will be exposed
And brings a lot of discomfort to the patient.
Thus, what the dentist do is to clean the decayed part and
clear all the nerves inside the tooth
Then fill it with some substance to cover up the hole.
Luckily, my home is just opposite to our famous medical university in Malaysia
IMU (International Medical University)
They have this Oral Care Centre opened for public.
It is super super professional. No wonder the university is so famous!
Thanks to my lucky angel, I met a wonderful dentist.
She is very friendly and patient.
I was so worried how much pain will cause from the anesthetic injection!
But surprisingly, none at all
\(^v^)/
My dentist really did a good job and solve my problem for only 2 visits.
Besides that, a lot of drilling, washing, flossing, happening inside my mouth
And for the 2 visits, I have to open my mouth for like 3 hours and above!!
Super tired!!!
I feel like vomiting too...
(@~@)
After the treatment, the anesthetic is still there..
So the whole left side of my mouth is totally numb
Including my tongue, gum, lips, teeth...etc.
Have to wait for few hours to let it drained away...Super weird!
Like i just injected botox, or did plastic surgery..

No doubt, this cost me a bomb as well.
But for long term consideration. Still worth it lahhhhh...
And now my teeth is Clean & Clear..

p/s: Please take good care of your teeth. You only got a set of them =)

3 comments:

JC

Very informative Felix! I love this blog post, quite engaging also!

(like doing a peer review in Uni after presentation XD)

ongting

haha~your description is super duper funny~dun be afraidXD, dentist is really nice^^

Felix

AHAHA! Thanks...but its still really scary laaaa! Ongting! In the future u cant be my regular dentist, i will laugh and u will laugh during the treatment! HAHAHA!

 
Secrets beyond towers... ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates