Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fame

Thursday, February 4, 2010

This is the 3rd movie that I watched alone in the cinemas.
I loved it. It is not a blockbuster movie. The cast are all new teenage faces. The content of the movie is about performing arts.
Therefore, for a non-arts sense’s city – Johor Bahru, it is a normal sight to see only 3 audiences (including me) watching this kind of movie.
This movie was screened in U.S during last year’s fall. As mentioned earlier, I don’t think the movie is a big production or highly publicized, or else I wouldn’t know until I searched on the cinema’s website. Or maybe I did not follow up the papers recently? Hmm…

Anyway, after the movie, I was thrilled.
The storyline is not really dramatic. It does not have an interesting climax or an astonishing story flow. But, the movie contains lots of small touching stories of a bunch of teenagers who pursue to become a performing artist in the future.
Yes, performing arts. You dance, you sing, you act, you produce and play music.
It is really inspiring.

I love the way how the director handled the camera angles. He used a very casual and natural way to bring out all the scenes in the movie. I also like the layering effect that the director used. 2 on-going events layered in the same scene. It creates a different impact.
Need no further explanation, the music and songs were superbly good. I always loved the chemistry between classical music and modern music. There was this number; they performed in the canteen during lunch hours. That was oh my gosh! When hip hop, classic, dance, vocal meets together. My eyes hardly blinked while the part is going on.

Being a performing artist, it is tough. Some may see it has a foggy future, some may think it is a very dark society. But there are still a lot of people involved in arts, embrace the beauty of arts and show it the people. They need a lot of support and confidence from us.

The story depicts the reality of performing arts and being a performing artist. How they fell, how they succeed, how they gain confidence, how they reach to the top, how they stay happy, how they live the way they wanted, for themselves. Year by year, they had grown up, they have matured. As a performing arts person, the movie easily engaged me and caught my attention. Sometimes I wonder, do I have the courage to pursue the same dream like them?

No….

I admired my teachers and friends that studied and involved in performing arts. I look up on them.

Arts, is a very abstract object. It is not a thing that you can read and understand blindly or in a short period. It is something that you need to feel it, using your whole body to feel the essence of arts. Then you will truly touched by each of every element in arts.

Please watch it, if you won’t fall asleep in inspirational movies.

再次独自去看电影,另一部既简单但很有感触的电影
电影院没有什么人,让我可以尽情地释放我所有的情绪。
Marco唱浪漫的情歌给我听。
欣赏Alice的性感舞姿。
与Victor的音乐舞动。
陪Jenny一起哭泣。
为Kevin在生死交替中感到痛心。
和Joy感叹现实的残酷。
感受Malik的家庭悲剧。
一同与Denise追梦。

看着他们一年一年的成长,他们都毕业了。。
我呢?

强力推介:Fame
已在各大戏院上映。

0 comments:

 
Secrets beyond towers... ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates